Beast Tribes

Forum Forums Discussion Beast Tribes

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kaplan
    Kaplan
    Participant

Hi!

I looked around and it seemed like Beast Tribe quests were going to be implemented in Miqobot eventually, is there any news on that? Or am I blind and haven’t seen how to do it?
    Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work! ♥

Arc
    Arc

I guess that will be done some time after combat is finished, since (at least the non-crafter) beast tribe quests require combat.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

(at least the non-crafter)

Out of curiosity: why would crafter need beast tribe quests? I mean, yes, there are beast tribe housing items, but they are available by default, without any questing?

Kaplan
    Kaplan
    Participant

I think he means Beast Tribe quests like Moogles and Namazu requires no combat to complete (for Ixali some do and some don’t).

Anyway, thanks a lot for the answers!

Arc
    Arc

Out of curiosity: why would crafter need beast tribe quests? I mean, yes, there are beast tribe housing items, but they are available by default, without any questing?

There are several reasons, why there are the Ixali-, Moogle- and Namazu-Beast-Tribes for crafters.

1. It is an alternative way for crafters to level, because completing their daily quest rewards quite a lot of exp at close to zero cost of gil (unlike levequests, where you have to buy mats, if you can’t gather them yourself).

2. They award individual beast tribe currencies, which are there to buy certain items like mounts, glamour and materials that might be a bit tedious to get.

3. To craft the currently best crafter equipment you need Stormsap, which is a material, which you can get only from two sources. The first being desynthesis of yellow scrips crafter gear (and you need desynthesis level 300+ do desynth them) and the second is buying from a Namazu NPC with the currency awarded from the Namazu beast tribe quests. There are no other sources.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

1. It is an alternative way for crafters to level, because completing their daily quest rewards quite a lot of exp at close to zero cost of gil (unlike levequests, where you have to buy mats, if you can’t gather them yourself).

I wonder why would we (botters!) care about it 🙂 There is an universal way to level since 51: put bot on some mats, gather 300 (takes half a hour), craft collactables, turn in – voila, you’ve got 5 levels without spending a single gil or single allowance!

the second is buying from a Namazu NPC with the currency awarded from the Namazu beast tribe quests.

Hmmmmmmm… interesting, thank you! Now I wonder: can Miqo farm these quests in its current state, or we have to wait for combat etc features to be released for that?

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

I wonder why would we (botters!) care about it 🙂 There is an universal way to level since 51: put bot on some mats, gather 300 (takes half a hour), craft collactables, turn in – voila, you’ve got 5 levels without spending a single gil or single allowance!

the second is buying from a Namazu NPC with the currency awarded from the Namazu beast tribe quests.

Hmmmmmmm… interesting, thank you! Now I wonder: can Miqo farm these quests in its current state, or we have to wait for combat etc features to be released for that?

We have to wait for quest support imho

Arc
    Arc

As stated before, the Namazu quests are pure crafter/gatherer quests with no combat at all. It’s a beast tribe purely made for crafters and gatherers.

The problem with Miqo and these quests is, that you can take up to 3 quests from a large random pool of quests and Miqo has no way of recognizing which quest is currently active. The quests usually consist of taking the quest, going to a certain NPC, getting free crafting mats, crafting that item either in normal quality or HQ and then delivering it to another NPC. For gatherers instead it’s gathering certain items and if it’s gathering or crafting only depends on the job you take the quest with.
    It’s about 10 minutes of daily work to do all 3 Namazu beast tribe quests.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

It’s about 10 minutes of daily work to do all 3 Namazu beast tribe quests.

Player time is way more valuable than bot time, as far as my experience tells me… Why not just set bot on something that brings profit, then just buy these stormsap-based mats from market? I mean, they cost just some 10-20k per item – isn’t that nothing for a bot owner?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

I mean, they cost just some 10-20k per item

I mean, now, sure. Back when they were a brand new hot thing, they were going for at least 1000x its current price. Right now, everything’s in the gutter.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Hmmmmm… a solid point indeed. Guess I’ll skip the whole current beast tribe content then, but once ShB is released, we’ll see if there is something equally worth manual farming.

And, indeed, let’s hope Miqo starts to support daily quests some day [soon]!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.