Battle Class rotations

Forum Forums Discussion Battle Class rotations

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Azure 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Zak
    Participant

Hello!

Is there a place where the rotations are stored? could anyone give me the rotation that miqo uses for pld? i like the way the combat assist works but i would like to learn to play the class without using it.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    2+

Miqobot doesn’t really use “rotations”, she has algorithms that make her analyse the situation to pick the best available ability. So there’s no place where you could find what she does.

So the best way to learn your job with her, is actually to first sort your hotbars in a meaningful way for you, and then watch her play against a striking dummy, then take her in a real dungeon with other players, and watch her play her role, then re-sort your hotbars if needed.

The more you watch her play, the more you’ll learn from her, it’s a precious tool.

reapersow
    Participant
    1+

that’s exactly how i learned to play MCH in Eden savage

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

You can try using ACT with plugin like Kagami.
    Kagami

I don’t use it tho, because I main DNC currently and it’s not hard to do it without miqobot. But it seems pretty useful to use to learn rotation.

Azure
    Participant
    2+

Could look up basic rotations and opener on the balance. There are tons of resources and while sure you can watch what she does on a dummy.

It’s better to simply look at the rotations from the text/image sources on Balance or Reddit and understand what GCDs are being used and what oGCDs are being weaved and why they are being used there rather than systematically watching a bot do it because it wont always be optimal for every fight.

Then do the rotations for yourself with an actual, real optimized reference point on the dummies to practice muscle memory.

I feel like installing all these ACT plugins and extra things just to figure out a rotation is a bit much when there are easier and less effort obtainable resources out there. I’m not denying that it is helpful, but I think it’s a bit extra. Of course to each their own.

You’re not going to “algorithm” with your brain in all situations so learning the static rotation that is basic and standard for your Paladin is recommended. Like understanding Requiescat and FOF windows.

Since he wants to play without Miqobot, then using a source that doesn’t tie to Miqo makes the most sense.
    An effort from the player must be required to learn the class. Which means going to dummies on your own and practicing those openers, and rotations until it is ingrained.

Example: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/c8s8bj/50_paladin_dpsrotation_guide/

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Azure.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.