Avoiding a Ban

Forum Forums Discussion Avoiding a Ban

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Waldojr Waldojr 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

aluminum
    Participant

Hello,

So I have been banned once for 14 days for misusing miqobot (I went overboard with MGP farming). While I was using Miqo to gather a friend in FC chat asked if I was botting. Should I panic?

Best,
    A.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

Depends on what kind of friend. Would he go out of his way to report you just to see you banned?

First of all id suggest to stay away from botting for a few days. If nothing happens by next week then theres no reason to panic. Second i think its a good idea to contact Miqo support and ask them to delete this thread. Your friend could be a Miqobot user too which means he could read forums. It wouldnt take much time for him to connect the dots. You really dont want to discuss such things in public.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    2+

If you’re being called out in your own fc chances are that others have also noticed the bot-like behavior. That said, if you answered his question in a timely manner then I dont see why you should worry, altho they can still report you, but as long as you’re keeping an eye on miqo you should be fine.

Kinda sucks for those in an fc that your activity is open for everyone in the fc to see tho, there should be a way to block that.

Theonething
    Participant
    3+

You can world visit…that way fc people can only see you online on x world and not what you are doing without actively seeking you out. It’s not fool proof and people might wonder why you are on other worlds so much, but like I said they can’t see where you are spending all your time.

aluminum
    Participant

Just as an update no ban. It was an extremely good friend from outside the game (buddy from college) who just made a mistake. Firstly thank you for all the responses.

For future reference anyone worried about being called out for batting in chat, so long as said player doesn’t seem to actually report you do not stress out too much.

Arc
    Arc

Whenever I bot, I tell people I’m farming stuff while watching series with the chat window closed.
    That should already help quite a lot.

Waldojr
    Waldojr
    Participant

I have multiple screens and I keep ffxiv open as I play other games or watch tv for this purpose, especially when I am botting for long periods. I set my filters so I only get chat requests with timestamps and this way I can spot it and reply instantly. When collecting MGP switch it up, do mini-games for a while then do choco racing, once in a while do gate instances. When gathering /wave to other gatherers, craft in your room with no one around. Simple steps and no one will be the wiser.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.