Assisted Auto-Sprint?

Forum Forums Discussion Assisted Auto-Sprint?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by acrazycyclist acrazycyclist 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

luluna
    Participant

Hi!

Would it be possible to implement some sort of auto-sprint? For example, I would love if my character used sprint (if available) whenever I started moving , but not have it activate if I’m just standing in place.

Would be a great QoL change for walking in non-mountable areas.

Thank you!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All right, we will consider your request.
    However, this feature will require a more reliable way to identify the correct moment to activate Sprint.

If we implement it as a simple auto-sprint during movement, Miqobot might use it when it’s not needed or even undesirable. For example, if you make a simple side step to dodge an AoE omen, sprint is most likely unnecessary. But since Miqobot doesn’t know your intentions, there will be problems with discerning between continuous movement and short steps.

acrazycyclist
    acrazycyclist
    Participant

What about auto-sprint in only city states / sanctuaries? I’d say from a development perspective myself being in the industry this feature likely isn’t going to be requested by many people and putting too much time into it to figure out the variables like @miqobot mentioned would take time from other more requested features. I think my suggested tweak to their request should be somewhat more simple to implement and would likely garner a higher usage by folks, something like if in a sanctuary/city and moving for more than say 3 seconds hit sprint on cooldown until character stops moving for 10 seconds (to give time to click npc things and get back to running to other stuff)?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.