Assist mode – some noob question

Forum Forums Discussion Assist mode – some noob question

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Waldojr Waldojr 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Allicia
    Allicia
    Participant

I just started to read on the assist mode option, I’m not sure how it work tho. Anyone have tried it on Eden Savage? Will it help to max DPS while healing for example? Or is it just for more casual fight.

Thanks, sorry if it’s a duplication I took a quick look but did not found anything about that.

HalfDisabled
    Participant
    1+

It depends on the class, but mostly assist mode isn’t going to outperform a dedicated human who knows their stuff. That being said I’ve tried it on a few Eden Savage fights and usually pull consistent good dps with it, nothing to be ashamed of and often highest in my party.

What assist mode really shines at is letting you focus on the mechanics of a fight while performing serviceable DPS, which can vastly increase the speed at which you become proficient at the specific fight, once you’re comfortable you could potentially swap back to manually dpsing and pull slightly higher numbers.

For a healer in raid content though Assist mode might not be a great idea, from what I understand Assist mode isn’t really looking forward to upcoming tankbusters or raidwide damage attacks, and might put things on cooldown you’d wish you had available.

On most dps classes it can be really convenient though! I highly recommend BRD/DNC/MCH with it!

Allicia
    Allicia
    Participant

Thanks !

And is it possible to uses assist mode only for the dps part and not the healing one, as a Scholar?Could be nice on the learning to first learn how to do the healing without trying to dps but actually being dpsing with assist mode, and turn on manually later.

iifetap
    Participant
    1+

It depends on the class, but mostly assist mode isn’t going to outperform a dedicated human who knows their stuff. That being said I’ve tried it on a few Eden Savage fights and usually pull consistent good dps with it, nothing to be ashamed of and often highest in my party.

I just want to point out that I run mainly as a Dragoon and I raid with a Black Mage that is very good and has equal quality gear and I consistently out dps him by a decent amount using assist. The biggest problem I have with Miqobot in savage raids is that the assist feature can get you killed often by not letting you move 100% freely, I find myself at times trying to run out of a ground effects only for Miqobot to force me to stutterstep as it tries to keep dpsing.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

I always disabled “blind positionals” and “dashes and backsteps” in MIqobot. I prefer position myself and use jumping skills manually. That way Miqo won’t force me to move. I only enabled that when I’m in lazy mode soloing stuff, I won’t do party contents with it. You just need to pay attention to which skills need specific positional and move yourself to rear or flank before Miqo use the skills.

iifetap
    Participant

I always disabled “blind positionals” and “dashes and backsteps” in MIqobot. I prefer position myself and use jumping skills manually. That way Miqo won’t force me to move. I only enabled that when I’m in lazy mode soloing stuff, I won’t do party contents with it. You just need to pay attention to which skills need specific positional and move yourself to rear or flank before Miqo use the skills.

It’s not the Dragoon jumps that get me killed. In E5S the rotation is actually really good and all the jumps (Minus Stardiver, which Miqobot doesn’t support yet) are on cooldown at the times when they would be a problem. The problem is Miqobot still tries to do actions when I’m moving which forces my character to face the boss for a fraction of a second and makes me stutterstep instead of allowing me to move freely.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

I’m not only talking about the jumps, what you said is probably because of “blind positionals”. Try to disable it and see if Miqo still force you to do unwanted movement. Personally, when I play Dragoon or any melee class, I prefer when both are disabled.

iifetap
    Participant

I don’t have blind positionals checked.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

I might be wrong then. I never have Miqo forced me to do unwanted movements when both are disabled, but maybe someone more experienced using combat assist with Dragoon can help you with that.

HalfDisabled
    Participant

Thanks !

And is it possible to uses assist mode only for the dps part and not the healing one, as a Scholar?Could be nice on the learning to first learn how to do the healing without trying to dps but actually being dpsing with assist mode, and turn on manually later.

Its possible to be set up but I might suggest not using it that way. If you turn off the ability to use heals and buffs most likely your miqo will try to dps at all times and you’d be fighting for control any time you wanted to cast a heal, which could cost you GCDs or precious seconds in life or death situations. I don’t heal any serious content with miqo assist myself so I can’t speak with authority about it, but that is my gut feeling.

kbotting
    Participant
    1+

I’m not only talking about the jumps, what you said is probably because of “blind positionals”. Try to disable it and see if Miqo still force you to do unwanted movement. Personally, when I play Dragoon or any melee class, I prefer when both are disabled.

Turn off the setting for auto-facing mob when casting in your character settings. That way you can move however you want and reface the mob when you are ready. Of course you have to remember to turn it back on when using Miqo to run dungeons by herself.

Waldojr
    Waldojr
    Participant

I found healing is slow or laggy, personally, I think the heal triggers are set to low in miqo, many times the tank will get below 50% health before miqo decides to heal, then it has to play catch up as the tank hovers around 10-25% health. When playing SCH, it is more about preventing damage and to over heal with shields and such. When it comes to SMN dmg, I am always #1 unless someone has the i500 gear and knows their job as I have i480 gear, I always beat others with the same level gear as smn. I turn on heals and buffs with SMN and it will raise before anyone gets a chance, I always tell my party ahead of time I will raise the first person so the healer can save mp and their swift cast for emergency.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.