And Idea for Gathering Grid Waypoints

Forum Forums Discussion And Idea for Gathering Grid Waypoints

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

You currently have the following:

Foot:
    Stealth:
    Mount:
    Fly:
    Empty:
    Beacon:

May I suggest one more?

Sprint:

This way we can dictate where we want Miqobot to sprint instead of just doing it as soon as it’s off cool down. This would eliminate sprinting after landing right in front of a gathering node. 🙂

What do you think?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This is a good idea 🙂

At the moment, Miqobot uses the distance to next waypoint as indicator whether to enable or disable Sprint. The distance threshold is set too low because of the nature of the pathfinding algorithm. It splits the entire path into segments, and each of them is evaluated separately.

If we set the distance threshold higher, it may eliminate the issue you have noticed – Sprinting right in front of a gathering node. But if somebody creates a very detailed navigation grid with short segments, Miqobot might never use Sprint at all.

The new navigation AI will be able to combine different segments together, and we will be able to increase the Sprint threshold after that. We are also planning to make the threshold available in Advanced settings of Miqobot.
    This is the current plan to address the issue you have described.

Sprint waypoints will be a nice addition, because they will let you define the exact moments when Miqobot is allowed to Sprint. We are going to look into implementing them, when the new navigation AI is ready.

Thank you for the request!

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

This is a good idea 🙂
    Sprint waypoints will be a nice addition, because they will let you define the exact moments when Miqobot is allowed to Sprint. We are going to look into implementing them, when the new navigation AI is ready.

Sounds great! Would also making a sprint relay help reduce some of the work for Miqobot? What I mean is, if I create a grid with sprint relays, I wouldn’t need to use the auto-sprint feature thus eliminating the need for Miqobot to figure out the best time to use it – Right?

Even if you do implement this, I would still recommend keeping the auto-sprint option available for those that don’t want to use sprint relays.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Unfortunately no, it won’t reduce work for Miqobot.

Implementing Sprint waypoints will only make the AI more complicated, because Miqobot will have to deal with two types of Sprint at the same time – manual and automatic. Sprint waypoints will also make it harder to combine path segments together, because different types of waypoints imply different behaviour. So Miqobot will have to do more calculations to behave properly.

Disabling Auto-Sprint doesn’t change anything, because Miqobot has to consider all possible cases at each moment.
    If you enable or disable Auto-Sprint on the fly, Miqobot must adapt to your commands immediately. She doesn’t stop the navigation algorithm only to restart it with new settings, but she accepts whatever you ask on the fly.

But I don’t think that you have to be worried about technical details 🙂
    If you want this feature, we will look into this and will do our best to find the proper solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.