Alternate payment

Forum Forums Discussion Alternate payment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant

Will we ever be able to use alternate payment methods? With the new paypals 2.9% transaction fee I would rather not use paypal at all. I’ve already moved everything I own off paypal except for miqobot.

It would be good if we can have a payment method that isn’t paypal. After a $10.00 transaction, paypal takes $0.59 of that. If you want exactly $10 you’d have to ask for $10.61 to actually receive $10.

Any chance of an alternate payment method in the future or is that unlikely to happen?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

We’ve been paying PayPal fees since Miqobot launch.
    We never imposed subcharges for accepting PayPal as a payment method, and we will never ask our users to pay the fees for us.

The recent changes on PayPal have no impact on buyers, therefore we do not see a reason to change the payment platform.

Would you please give us more information about your issue?
    Why are you concerned about seller fees?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Paypal fees are usually always applied to the seller, not the buyer.

ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant

We’ve been paying PayPal fees since Miqobot launch.
    We never imposed subcharges for accepting PayPal as a payment method, and we will never ask our users to pay the fees for us.

The recent changes on PayPal have no impact on buyers, therefore we do not see a reason to change the payment platform.

Would you please give us more information about your issue?
    Why are you concerned about seller fees?

Paypal overall has a rather garbage history, more recently they’ve started de-platforming and banning people with political views that don’t match theirs.

Keeping 30 cents from a transaction, few people would argue against that, but keeping 2.9% is plain and simply theft. It’s there purely to increase their profits, when a transaction is cancelled, they still keep that 2.9% without doing any work, the computer simply moves around some data and that’s it.

The entire practice is quite anti-consumer and anti-merchant.

It’s largely a case of wanting to know if there will ever be alternate payment methods simply because what PayPal is doing plain and simply disgusts me and I would rather avoid dealing with them if possible.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

but keeping 2.9% is plain and simply theft

It’s not theft, because no merchant (who is usually the one paying the fee) is forced to use PayPal and on top of it, it’s absolutely PayPal’s right to ask for a transaction fee, since they spend resources to maintain their service (server costs, support costs, etc.).

the computer simply moves around some data and that’s it

You obviously have no understanding at all, how banking works. It’s not simply a computer moving around some data. PayPal still has to request debits from banks for every transaction (unless you have already saved money on your PayPal account in advance), check if they were accepted or rejected and if they get rejected, PayPal has to pay the return debit note fees in advance before charging the user.

Also, you shouldn’t forget, that PayPal is a profit-oriented company – not some charity organisation to make our lives and financial transactions easier. Of course they want to EARN money and not only cover their costs.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Arc Arc.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.