Accursed Hoard Scenario/Pre-set?

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Accursed Hoard Scenario/Pre-set?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tsrfvkj 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Micipi
    Participant

Apologies if I missed it or if it’s covered somewhere else, but I ran a search and found some conversations about accursed hoard farming methods using the bot’s radar (moreso for the “of the Sixth Sense” title), but I was wondering if anyone has any scenario for farming the now 20k pieces of accursed hoard that is completely automated? I’ve heard of people botting this achievement, but wasn’t sure if that was via Miqobot or something else that’s more risky.

Pandareverb
    Participant

A long while back, accursed hordes used to be detectable client side. Changes were made, and now that information is stored on the server instead. I don’t know of any automated way to do these achievements.

That said, there are some tips to do it for yourself that work very well. Start at floor 1, solo. Go through the floors until you have a set of 3 intuitions, and a set floor clears, flights, strength, whatever to help you go fast. Kill everything so you’re as high a level as possible and have all the skills you need to clear a floor set quickly. Just stock up, but the sooner you can get the set built the better. Complete the floor set once you’ve gained your pomander set.

Then, load your save, go into the dungeon, pop your pomanders. Go nuts. Make sure to have intuition up and running the whole time. Use floor wipes, flights, sights, whatever, to help you go faster. Get your 3 accursed hordes, then die. You will lose your hordes, but you will -keep- your achievement progress. Since you’re below floor 100, you can reload your save you lost on, with all the pomanders returned to you. You can repeat this process as long as you like, getting you the fastest possible hordes.

This same process can be repeated for of the 6th sense. Just don’t use intuitions. Instead, you can go to the 3D Radar and turn on Palace of the Dead mode. This will show you the location of traps. Run around, stand on these circles for about 3 seconds each. The locations of hordes share these trap locations, and this can reveal them. Find the horde, move on to the next floor, clear it ASAP, and start searching the next floor. The reason for this is that Hordes seem to tend not to spawn on adjacent floors as likely as not, and you’re going for speed and not finding every single possible one. If you find 3 hordes, die and reset. If you finish floor 49 for some reason, just die to the boss. Then repeat as per above. (there is also a Dalamud plugin for this that I actually prefer as it has all known treasure locations, not just trap locations (there are sometimes differences) and includes data for all 3 deep dungeons.)

Micipi
    Participant

Gotcha, so even with intuition popped it can’t be detected client side? If so that makes sense (and is unfortunate, 20k accursed hoard is super tedious).

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Micipi.

Pandareverb
    Participant

If you pop intuition, the PotD radar will detect where the chest is and show you it. But until it’s active, I don’t know of any way to currently detect them besides in game methods.

tsrfvkj
    Participant

I had asked for a similar scenario a while back, but I got no response. The fastest method to farm 20k hoards is by climbing up HoH to at least floor 11 making sure you pick up at least one Intuition and one Concealment pomander.

Zone in, pop intuition.
    If a hoard is found, pop concealment, walk up to the chest and open it, leave duty, requeue.
    If a hoard isn’t found, leave duty and requeue.

I’ve found another program that’s able to do this, but I rather wait on Miqobot as I trust it slightly more. Farming takes weeks regardless of whether you’re doing it manually or botting, though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.