ability thresholds

Forum Forums Discussion ability thresholds

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nott 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tcarroll89
    tcarroll89
    Participant

sorry, i dont see an answer in previous forums. is there a way to change the threshold for specific abilities. Endwalker dungeons require a higher threshold for healing spells due to double pulls being very common.

tcarroll89
    tcarroll89
    Participant

so far i have remedied this with the soft target lock feature. keeping the tank targeted and spamming holy when the time is right, then spamming cure 2 when there in that threshold of dmg that is more then miqo can handle. whilst spamming cure 2 miqo will throw in the instants usually getting us through the fight. any suggestions or tips for whm 80+ dungeon healing situtations miqo doesnt handle well please reply and let me know!

without spamming cure 2 and letting miqo do her thing she will make use of the free cure even the tanks are in critical, that has been problematic.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by tcarroll89 tcarroll89.

Nott
    Participant

So I haven’t used WHM in dungeons since 80 but I know that Freecure has really never been something people cared about in general prior to Endwalker. Has it changed? As I recall, not long after getting Cure II, Cure is just never used. Were it not for leveling roulette, I think most would never have it on the bar.

As for big pulls, I never used any soft target lock stuff, I just kept my eyeballs on the tank’s HP and tapped escape as needed, Miqo will instantly heal them if they’re low enough. She’s just not smart enough to interrupt her own casts it seems.

If that isn’t enough and you want to force her into a healer mode, create macros that swap all offensive abilities on & off your bars. With this method, you can manually trigger holy with a bar that Miqo is told to ignore or with a macro that doesn’t have the Holy icon.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I would suggest the tank to use defensive cooldowns. When im playing WHM im always spamming Holy non stop with an occasional Temperance or Benison. Holy stuns enemies so its essentially a free Hallowed Ground for everyone. And if your tank is WAR you can forget about healing completely. WAR will heal himself and half the party so you can just relax and dps. If youre forced to spam Cure 2 then your tank is doing something wrong.

Nott
    Participant

Absolutely true for level capped dungeons etc but while leveling; they may be min ilvl gear, out of practice, or as you say simply not using CDs. All of which make getting that first stun off harder and if it is a leveling dungeon the dps may be an issue as well…

In any case, it is good to be prepared and have options other than pointing at the tank when the party wipes.

magnus808
    Participant

I would suggest the tank to use defensive cooldowns. When im playing WHM im always spamming Holy non stop with an occasional Temperance or Benison. Holy stuns enemies so its essentially a free Hallowed Ground for everyone. And if your tank is WAR you can forget about healing completely. WAR will heal himself and half the party so you can just relax and dps. If youre forced to spam Cure 2 then your tank is doing something wrong.

For the Warrior, does Miqobot assist automatically self heal me and the party when they need it? Or is this something I have to do manually?

Thinking of boosting a Warrior.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  magnus808.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  magnus808.

Nott
    Participant

Should be easy enough to test in a trust. Aggro some stuff but don’t tank it, see what happens when you turn her on 🙂

Oh just saw the last line there. I don’t have warrior that high yet either…maybe someone else can. My assumption is that she won’t as it is a new ability and I don’t know that Shake it Off was ever triggered automatically either.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Nott.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Nott.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.