A quick thank you to MiqoBot

Forum Forums Discussion A quick thank you to MiqoBot

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  blahblah22 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Borelia
    Participant
    25+

To provide a different perspective on this kind of bot:

As someone who has severe pain in their hands, as much as I understand how bots are looked down on in games, the constant button pressing prevents me from playing FFXIV. FFXIV is a game I love, however I am unable to do savage content and extended play – with out Miqo. The combat assistance which allows me to play freely without causing me a lot more pain in my hands and I just wanted to say thank you for providing this product – so I can play a game I love so much. I have been a sub for a long time now and I appreciate the community / mods / devs on all the hard work provided to this product.

I look forward to it being back online – keep up the amazing work!

-Borelia

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    9+

Thank you for your kind words very much.
    It means a lot to us.

Taro
    Participant
    6+

I have a similar issue OP, except it’s that I have tremors and nerve damage from medication that can make playing very tedious, and Miqobot has helped me tons in being able to enjoy the game without having to worry about causing injury or pain in my hands/wrists/shoulders. I deeply appreciate how the game is made more accessible to us this way. 🙂

Anon12253
    Participant
    6+

Likewise, created this account to thank you for your hard work!

Rodtx
    Rodtx
    Participant
    3+

It’s just plain unnecessary to constantly click if that action can be automated.

I run the bot in 15-30 minute increments to do small tasks while I do housework or tend to my children.

And for dungeons and raids, I prefer not to have to be in charge of the repetitive actions like a combat rotation. The game is still fun for me to just be in control of my movements and decisionmaking.

Miqobot and automation software should not be frowned upon. Everyone experiences games in their own way.

Obsidian
    Obsidian
    Participant
    6+

And here I thought I was the only one.

I understand how to play but after decades of sitting and typing (network engineer) relaxing and typing more is very straining to the point where my hands would go completely numb.

I tried to do Savage fights in Stormblood without assistance but I’d consistently hold the group back because my hands simply won’t work like I needed… to the point they were (very kindly) about to kick me. Miqo has not only allowed me to continue to raid with my friends, but also no longer be an albatross around their necks.

So… thank you. “Botting” is not always about being lazy.

whiteroomliving
    Participant
    3+

For me, it’s partially laziness. I have 4 children and a full time job, so I can’t dedicate the time to grind for things like this game calls for. Miqo has helped me so much, because I’m able to advance so many things to get the enjoyment out of the time I get between kid’s bedtime and my own. ♥

joe_shmoe
    Participant
    4+

I had actually come here to post something very similar, but it seems like my thoughts were well said already by everyone above so I’ll leave it at that.

I’m still a fairly new user, maybe only about 3-4 months off an on, but I really appreciate the downtime updates. I’ve supported a lot of small developers for games, plugins ect and the communication here is great compared to most. I know the last thing you probably want to do after a long day’s work trying to get everything updated and running again is pop on an post an update, but it is greatly appreciated!

Borelia
    Participant
    2+

To piggy back on everyone’s comments – I am glad to see that everyone is enjoying this product as it shows that there will (hopefully) always been support for it to continue to develop. If I had expendable income I would most likely donate additionally to the support of Miqo. Maybe if I will the lottery lol.

blahblah22
    Participant
    1+

Thank you again team for all your hard work!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.