A little help

Forum Forums Discussion A little help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by PinHead PinHead 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Simpleton
    Participant

Can someone please tell me how to make a scenario? I am asking because once I understand how to make the scenarios, I would be more then happy to start putting together a ton of scenarios that will allow use of when crafting and gathering. The issue I am having is how do I get it to recognize the coordinates that I am at and how do I make the script. Any help would be appreciated.

PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant

The best way to learn is to dissect other scripts that are available. The Miqobot help button on the Scenario tab has all of the available functions.

As an example, here is a portion of a Scrip Gathering Scenario I use.

#########################################
    //White Oak Branch 10am/pm
    teleportIf(Wright)
    job(BTN)
    gatherPreset(GatherPresetName)
    selectGrid(NavigationGridName)
    mount()
    goToWaypoint(8)
    afkUntil(10:00et)
    rotationIfGP(Collect0)
    rotationIfGP(Collect400)
    rotationIfGP(Collect600)
    gather(1)
    key(7)
    #########################################

An explanation line by line:
    1 – A simple comment for me to know where I am in the script timeline.
    2 – Teleport my character to the town Aetheryte in Wright, Teleport is assigned to Hotbar & Keybind.
    3 – Changes my job to Botanist, assigned to Hotbar & Keybind.
    4 – Changes my Gathering tab Preset in Miqo.
    5 – Changes my Navigation Grid in Miqo.
    6 – My character jumps on the current mount, assigned to Hotbar & Keybind.
    7 – My character follows the Navigation Grid path to Waypoint #8.
    8 – My character waits until 10:00am Eorzea Time before performing the next step.
    9-11 – Depending on how much GP I currently have Miqo will use the proper Gathering Rotation.
    12 – The Gathering function will be performed on the closest gathering node that my Grid has access to.
    13 – Key #7 is pressed on the keyboard, this is my Hi-Cordial. Assigned to Hotbar & Keybind.

Requirements:
    Build a Navigation grid from the Aetheryte to gathering node destinations.
    Build a Gathering tab preset which will control your Gathering config.
    Build the Gathering tab skill rotations to control which skills are used during Gathering.
    Map Actions to Hotbars and Keybinds.

Small steps. Learn how to create a Navigation Grid first. Once you do that, create a Scenario that will have your character go from point A to point B and then back again. Keep in mind some functions overwrite settings in other functions. An example is gatherPreset should always come before selectGrid, otherwise your Navigation Grid will be overwritten.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.