A few questions

Forum Forums Discussion A few questions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  waka 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

waka
    Participant

I noticed the trial option is still down, so I figure I’ll ask here. I use a few other bots but there’s a lot of things that the others don’t do that I wish they could.

In terms of MGP, what are the current options for Miqobot? I saw Chocobo racing, but also saw some posts saying it wasn’t working currently. Has there been any updates regarding the new(er) Gold Saucer minigames for faster MGP farming?

Aside from MGP farming, it seems like the new patch broke a lot of PotD radars. Was Miqobot affected by this as well?

How easy/difficult would it be to program my own routine? For example, running through a dungeon, looting the chests, leaving, and repeating?

And lastly, is multiboxing using Miqobot supported? Would I have to purchase one license per FFXIV running?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I tried to breeze through the threads but some of the info I found hasn’t been commented on since mid-2016. Thanks for the help 🙂

gregye
    gregye
    Participant
    1+

I’ll try to awnser your questions.

For MGP grind you have the option to Chocobo race. It works beatuifull. We have a lot of racing grids you can choose from, up to r300. If you have a really good Chocobo (pedi9 r300) then thats a great option to grind down the fenrir. 🙂
    What most ppl do is using the Minigames. You have a nice option window to select what Miqo needs to do, including some rng so that you look more like a player and less like a bot. This way you can get around 900 MGP/min with is the most in my opinion.

I dont really use PotD so I cant give you awnsers there. :/

So about program your own routine. What you’r talking about is here Called Scenario Scripting. Its WIP atm but next Patch, 1.2.6x, will releas this, acording to the Dev Team. If you ask me, I think its gonna be dam easy. Why? Every thing that Miqo dose is dam easy to use so yea. 🙂

For you last question: Yea Miqo supports multiboxing, i dont know if you need to buy for every instance.

Let me give you 3 other things that should help you in your decision.

First the Comunity and the awesome Miqo team.
    Every one who browses the forum knows how awesome the miqo guys are and how awesome we as a community are.

Second, Miqo is so dam easy to use and we have almost for every thing that you wannt to gather/mine a grid waiting to be used.

And third the awesome crafting solver.
    I dont know if you saw something like this before but you just press a cupple buttons and Miqo can craft 4**** stuff like no tomorrow.

I hope I awnsert most of your questions and helped you a bit. Ohh and sry for my bad english 😀

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by gregye gregye.
    Arc
    Arc
    2+

Can’t tell you anything about Chocobo racing since I don’t do that.

In terms of minigames: Miqobot is pretty solid. You stand between the botanist and miner minigame and Miqobot starts doing both switching from one to the other from time to time. Yields me around 500-800 MGP per game. Had my Fenrir after 2 nights of letting miqobot take over.

Yes, PotD radar was “broken” by 3.5 on Miqobot too, but actually it didn’t really “break”. What happened is, that hidden hoards are now server side instead of client side (the same thing that happened to traps in 3.4).
    The thing with miqobot is, that since SE changed traps from client side to server side the miqobot community decided that it would be a good idea to setup a trap database for all possible trap locations. This feature was implemented instantly and now miqobot gathers data about traps, when you step on them and sends them to the miqobot potd server (this is no injection stuff or anything, it’s simply reading the game logs). Now a lot of possible traps are displayed in advance and with each patch more traps are revealed.
    Conclusion: The only thing that has changed is, that you can’t see hidden hoards anymore without the pomander.

Programming routines isn’t possible now. That’s a feature they’re currently working on called ‘scenario scripting’ and it will be awesome, since you can do any routine with that.

I have no idea about multiboxing and if it works, but I know that you don’t have to purchase miqobot for each FF instance. Actually the thing is, that one miqobot license could even be used on multiple devices at once, but that’s something that should be avoided, since there’s a reason we pay for this (to support the miqobot team).

waka
    Participant

Thank you very much to the both of you for helping out and answering my barrage of questions. I decided to pull the trigger because hey, at the VERY least that MGP feature alone is worth the $10. I’ve been fiddling around with the settings to try and get the most out of it, and so far it’s doing a far better job than I could ever do, but there still seems to be times where it waits before pressing the button for 4-5 seconds. I did read that more FPS can help, which I’m at 90 right now, but I’ll lower some settings to give it more room to work with just in case.

Otherwise the minigame part alone is very well polished. I only did one chocobo race, and I noticed the outlines it draws onto the race track had a lot of stutter, as if they were only updating once a second or so, but on the preview video I noticed it was refreshing much faster than that and that seemed to help with accuracy. Is there a way to adjust the ticks per second?

I’m really impressed so far, I’m definitely going to have to dive into this and play around with it a lot more once I have some free time.

Ark
    Participant

[…] but there still seems to be times where it waits before pressing the button for 4-5 seconds.

The minigame bot part suffers from the problem that it won´t do it´s job if you actively move your mouse.
    AFAIK its the only part of the bot that has this problem, but one you need to look out for.

You can easily use while watching movies, but if you want to say play FPS games on the same machine it wont do its thing.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Just minimize your game while farming mgp and the mouse problem is gone.

Ark
    Participant

Oh wow thanks, didnt know this!

waka
    Participant

[…] but there still seems to be times where it waits before pressing the button for 4-5 seconds.

The minigame bot part suffers from the problem that it won´t do it´s job if you actively move your mouse.

That’s not quite what I’m talking about. For example on the axe minigame, the slider will bounce up and down a few times before it takes the swing. What I’m assuming is happening is it wants to hit “exactly” 50% (or maybe within 50.0-50.9%) and it waits until it can hit that exact spot.

Even running the game at 120FPS it will still wait for it to bounce back and forth at least once before taking the swing, which can add up to a lot of lost seconds.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.