3D Radar Feature Request

Forum Forums Discussion 3D Radar Feature Request

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by iNight iNight 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ad3285
    Participant

Feature request for 3D Radar

• Recolor Hunt NMs (Rank B, A and S)
    • Ability to show only Hunt NMs (Rank B, A and S)
    • Ability to filter a preset list of user-entered names (instead of just one)
    IceDeathTK
    IceDeathTK
    Participant
    1+

Also, can we have player names (as opposed to all living creatures) be colored a different color than the rest, if possible? I’m not sure how the system identifies each.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Accepted 🙂
    We are planning to add multiple options for 3D Radar, for each entity type in the game. Players will be identified as a separate entity of course.

Notorious Monsters are a little bit trickier to implement. Since all monsters in the game have almost identical data layout, we haven’t found a reliable way to identify NMs yet. Filtering creatures by a list of predefined names, as you suggested, might be the best solution.

The development process is also complicated by the short life span of NMs due to lots of players hunting them. So next time you see an S Rank monster, please hold on a little before killing it. There might be a Miqobot developer nearby, trying to analyze the entity data 🙂

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

It’s been a year and a half, when are we going to get “Hunts only” option in Radar? The other bot, which I’ll not name, got this feature a while ago.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Dark Desire Dark Desire.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Dark Desire Dark Desire.
    IceDeathTK
    IceDeathTK
    Participant
    2+

Miqobot can do it – I made a custom list with all the A/S ranks. Change your settings as so:

Miqobot 3D Radar settings

The “filter by name” box contains this text:

vogaal,unktehi,hells,nahn,marb,cornu,croque,croak,garlok,bonna,nandi,cherno,forneus,melt,ghede,girtab,laider,wulg,mindfl,theda,alect,zona,bailar,brontes,maahes,lampal,zanig,nunyun,dalvag,minhoc,kurrea,agrippa,marraco,safat,mirka,kaiser,lyuba,bune,gandare,agathos,pylras,senmur,wyverns,slipkinx,pale,stolas,campacti,leucrott,stench,enkelad,paradise,sisiu,mahis,salt and light,luminare,orcus,erle,udumbara,vochst,aqrab,crawler,girimek,orgha,sum,funa,oni yumemi,okina,gajasura,gamma,angada

Whenever you get near an A rank (or are on a map where a S rank is alive), miqobot will show their name in the list in the top left corner and display them on the 3D radar.

Happy hunting!

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

I know it’s possible to do it this way, but it’s not a very elegant solution. Devs have promised to add hunt mode to the radar a long time ago, and it still hasn’t happened.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    2+

I think they didn’t added it, because there’s a notorious free dedicated software that does it very well already, used by a lot of players:

https://xivhunt.net/Home/Client

Lots of options for A, S, B ranks, and all FATES, custom sounds, in-game logs clickable map location, etc. It’s updated very often, an average of 1 time per week.

Why spending resources on something that already exist and show no sign of being discontinued.

Maybe Miqobot team will add such a feature when they will have combat feature released, making it relevant to auto-farm a B rank in a specific map for achievement purposes.

Ray
    Participant

I think they didn’t added it, because there’s a notorious free dedicated software that does it very well already, used by a lot of players:

https://xivhunt.net/Home/Client

Lots of options for A, S, B ranks, and all FATES, custom sounds, in-game logs clickable map location, etc. It’s updated very often, an average of 1 time per week.

Why spending resources on something that already exist and show no sign of being discontinued.

Maybe Miqobot team will add such a feature when they will have combat feature released, making it relevant to auto-farm a B rank in a specific map for achievement purposes.

Did this software die?

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

@Ray, use XIVLauncher with Sonar plugin.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.