3 Radar Alerts (for hunts)

Forum Forums Discussion 3 Radar Alerts (for hunts)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

meta.horus
    Participant

So, I remember someone asking for more filter options for the 3 radar, such a hunts filter, I’d like to petition too an alert system for when something is detected by the radar, like it plays a sound or displays a notification when the thing you put in the “Filter by name” textbox is detected.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

You might be interested in XIV-Hunt software, it does what you’re looking for, and more. It’s free, it’s new, updated often.

You can sort Hunt by expansion (ARR, HW, SB) and by Rank (S, A, B), as well as any FATES and any Special FATES (Odin, Behemoth, Regina Coeurl, Ixion).
    You can attach a different alert sound to any of them.
    And the most important feature, it uploads automatically to their server anything a client found, and then spread it to everyone using their client, and report it into your console log according to your filters, with a clickable map flag.

For the alert sound, I took windows text to speech voice, and recorded it while making it say for example: “Attention, attention, a Rank S target has been discovered.”

You won’t miss any Rank S any more, enough players are using the software so that every time someone found one, or even ran by one by random chance, everyone else is alerted immediately.

Another example, for weekly Elite ARR B rank, I just go to the zone, and only there I set the software to alert me for ARR B rank, and I start to explore the map without paying attention, and very soon the software will tell me where it found a B target in this zone.

So, if it is what you’re looking for, get the client here:

https://xivhunt.net/

meta.horus
    Participant

Hey yeah I’ve seen the app, unfortunately there are known trolls in my server who like to early pull and reset hunts, so we don’t use it, to avoid them from getting hunts locs.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  meta.horus.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Wow, that’s extreme.

Then yeah, you can only use it for B ranks in your case.

Arc
    Arc

Man, that sucks really bad, but doesn’t every server have trolls like that? And for Stormblood Hunts, can’t you just let them die? On my server we have a big linkshell organized by the biggest FCs who keep a big recorded blacklist for trolls and griefers who steal from FCs. When those people show up, everyone knows who they are and they are dealt with caution/appropriate sanctions, like in hunts prepullers are let die.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.