2 monitors and Miqobot

Forum Forums Discussion 2 monitors and Miqobot

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shadowthegamer 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

shadowthegamer
    Participant

I made an interesting discovery and just have to share it. See, usually when you use Miqobot to do stuff in the background, she can’t do things that require the confirmation key (default Num 0) when you move the mouse at the same time. Why that is I have not idea. But!

If you let FFXIV run on a second monitor, and move the mouse on the first, Miqobot can keep doing what it does as if your input isn’t there. Not sure if this is groundbreaking news, but hey.

So if you have a second monitor lying around, plug it in I’d say. If you don’t, but have a smartphone, tablet or another laptop lying around, look for software that can use them as monitors. Personally I tested spacedesk a while ago to let FFXIV use my Android phone as monitor. There are probably other programs, but that is the one I tried and can recommend.
    https://spacedesk.net/multi-monitor-app-virtual-display-screen-software-video-wall

PS: I don’t remember if there was a TOS somewhere, but if linking external programs is not allowed, let me know and I will remove the link ASAP.

t001
    Blocked

Miqo can’t send keys when using a mouse on the same monitor because FF can either be in “mouse mode” or “key mode”.
    When Miqo tries to input a key to perform any action like confirm, if you move the mouse over the game client (even if the game is in the background) FF will force it out of the “key mode” and into “mouse mode”, cancelling any input.
    Hope that explains why it happens.

If you don’t have a second monitor you can also put the game into windowed mode, make it small and put it off the side of the screen almost completely, making it harder to accidentally mouse over it

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

You can also minimize the game as it was said in the official guide.

shadowthegamer
    Participant

True, but I am too paranoid to leave my Miqobot unattended. So 2 monitors is the way to go for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.