1.3.42 has virus detected

Forum Forums Discussion 1.3.42 has virus detected

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  congqq2222 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

congqq2222
    Participant

The newest miqo version was detected as malware, and windows defender keeps removing my game files…

1.3.41 had no issues.

I know virus detection makes no sense and will do nothing to my account, but fucking windows defender clears my game boot folder daily so I have to copy them from my wife’s computer everyday!

It’s so annoying but I tried all methods but failed to turn the defender off…

Please fix it in next version to get rid of the fucking defender deleting my game files.

Thank you

Tear Best Grill
    Participant

Create a folder for Miqo stuff if you haven’t already, and set that folder as an exception in windows defender. It will completely ignore anything in there from then on.

Andylynyn
    Participant

This is not something the Miqo team can fix. This is with Windows Defender definition files, they blacklist things that are not “lol legal”, annoyingly, as a deterrent to people using them.

(I’m assuming in Miqo’s case because it tries to hook into FF’s process and read memory)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Andylynyn.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We are very sorry to hear about your issue, but unfortunately we can not fix it.
    False Positive is a bug in antivirus and it’s entirely up to antivirus vendors to address it. Since we have no access to their source code, we can not help them fix it.

Miqobot Team is already doing everything possible to alleviate the issue with antiviruses.

We always inform antivirus vendors about False Positives, and Miqobot project is also subscribed to premium VirusTotal services that send automatic notifications to them.
    If you upload Miqobot to VirusTotal, you may notice that our executables are published in the VirusTotal Monitor collection:
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/137f9ae9da8345cfb5a6f84026eb2eacd841b80e6c0157764a642f8f4b0f0519/detection

As you can see, the current installation of Windows Defender at VirusTotal does not detect Miqobot. So perhaps an update will alleviate your issue. If it doesn’t help, we highly recommend to report this behavior to your antivirus vendor.
    We sincerely apologize that we can not resolve your problem.

congqq2222
    Participant

Thanks for your response guys.

Please allow me to update my question.

I know it might not be related to miqobot, but anyone knows what software potentially infect my game files?

All I run with ff14 is ACT/ quick launcher and miqo..

Windows defender don’t consider miqo as virus. It was detected as virus by a 3rd-party anti-virus program which I already deleted.

I just wanna know what cause phuckin windows defender deleting my game files.

I appreciate any helps from the community!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.