Holminster Switch Scenario

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Holminster Switch Scenario

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by LutBot LutBot 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

mrniki
    Participant
    3+

Hey guys!

Holminster Switch was recently unlocked by the Miqo team, so i decided to make a short and simple scenario to have the npcs clear through the mobs up until the first boss and repeat.

I haven’t done the math, because i don’t know the exact statistics for the squadron dungeons. However, running through the mobs up until the first boss netted me roughly (if i am not mistaken) 426kXP in about 13 minutes.

If anyone has the exact data for the squadrons, let me know and i will run comparisons.

PLEASE NOTE:

– This only works for dps, as the trust npcs can not function on their own without a tank or a healer.
    – This has been tested and created using Urianger, Thancred, and Alisea at level 80.

If you are not using this setup or do not have them at max level (or at least 73, because sync level on holminster is 72), the kill times listed on the scenario MUST be adjusted manually in order for miqo to move your character at least 5 seconds AFTER the monsters for that waypoint have been cleared. You must adjust the [ afkfor(hr:min:sec) ] to the time it takes to clear that wave, +5 seconds of leeway.

The Keybindings have comments referring to which they are assigned to on the scenario, but for reference:

J: Trust System (bind it to a hotbar)
    NUM3: Move Target Cursor Left
    NUM1: Cycle Up Through Party List
    L: Confirm
    U: Duty Finder

The requirements to use this script is simply to have a DPS class at lvl 71, with at least an item level of 380.
    In order for Miqo to repair your gear, please start the script in front of ANY mendor/repairing npc [note, their function must ONLY be to repair i’m not sure if there are npcs that have multiple functions, but make sure the npc you are standing in front of only has a repairing menu], and miqo will automatically repair your gear after every run through the dungeon.

I ran miqo for a couple hours and had no issues :), please report back to me on any issues you may be having! and PLEASE remember that this has been tested using my specific setup, and adjustments WILL have to be made unless the setup is identical. Thank you 🙂

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    Make sure that miqo is windowed mode AND minimized in the background before you start your script, your cursor movements will break the script during the menu navigations otherwise. You will not have to do this if you are not using your PC or you want to monitor a couple of runs to adjust the kill times, just make sure that you do NOT move your mouse when it is entering the dungeon, exiting the dungeon, or using the repair NPC.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  mrniki.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

uwu
    Participant

I had it run fine, no issues on the timing even with level 71 npcs. I used Thancred Alphinaud and Alisaie. I dont think however its EXP efficient when even compared to Sohm Al. I believe Sohm gives around 1mil exp per run in about 30 minutes. I will have to go back and check exactly and do the math.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

I had it run fine, no issues on the timing even with level 71 npcs. I used Thancred Alphinaud and Alisaie. I dont think however its EXP efficient when even compared to Sohm Al. I believe Sohm gives around 1mil exp per run in about 30 minutes. I will have to go back and check exactly and do the math.

Wut

How’s a lvl58ish dungeon >>>> than a lvl71 dungeon, exp wise? Makes zero sense. Holminister should take around 20 minutes or so to clear, or at least thats what it took me, but I can see miqo taking a bit longer.

uwu
    Participant
    1+

3,890,825 start exp
    [22:54] start time
    [23:12]defeats Tioman.
    4,768,453 finish exp

EXP 877,628 in 18 minutes
    2,925,426 EXP per hour

Sohm Al is considerably better based on the math above, I will test myself, but not being able to DPS in Holminster is a huge hinderance to the EXP per hour

Yes the level 71 dungeon would be better, but this specific scenario is not. It has your character just standing AFK while the NPCs kill the trash mobs up until the first boss.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  uwu.
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Yes the level 71 dungeon would be better, but this specific scenario is not. It has your character just standing AFK while the NPCs kill the trash mobs up until the first boss.

Oof. Couldnt the scenario be adjusted to have our character use macros? I cant currently tested as Im suspended from the game for a few days, but would love to see what the xp/clear time per dungeon for Holminister is with this particular scenario. Its mind boggling to think a lvl53 dungeon would be better xp wise Lol.

uwu
    Participant
    1+

The problem is that the chunk of EXP in leveling dungeons comes from the bosses, the trash mobs leading up to is not efficient at all. I think without full Miqo support it will be too much a of a task to get this work and also making it efficient enough to use.

Great effort to get it as far as you did @mrniki !

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

The problem is that the chunk of EXP in leveling dungeons comes from the bosses, the trash mobs leading up to is not efficient at all. I think without full Miqo support it will be too much a of a task to get this work and also making it efficient enough to use.

Great effort to get it as far as you did @mrniki !

Ah Yeah I missed the bit where it only goes up to the first boss. Still not bad! Thanks @mrniki And hopefully we’ll get full miqo support soon.

mrniki
    Participant
    1+

yeah the thing is, i wasn’t really doing this for efficiency, it was mostly just a test. Some people were talking about making a script like this and i thought i could do it for them ^^.

Wasn’t expecting much, and wasn’t sure how to get miqo to fight with npcs as it’s not programmed to be flexible with it’s combat assist like that yet.

The math seems to be like sohm al is still better, so i’ll edit the post and make sure people know that 🙂 thanks @uwu for the math!

mrniki
    Participant

Oh, it seems like i can’t edit the original post anymore. Hmm. Hopefully they read the rest of the thread then 🙂

Anno90
    Participant
    1+

Like people mentioned, the scenario works flawless, but farming Sohm Al is still better exp wise, just because this scenario is fairly slow (~13/14 mins for around 480k exp (with FC buff and food) while I normally farm around 800k exp ~17 minutes.

Now, if the Trusts are added to Miqobot as a whole, sure trust will be better since it will farm the complete dungeon.

Still a great scenario though!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Anno90.
    Shines
    Shines
    Participant
    1+

It’s a real shame to hear that this won’t actually be faster. Still, it means a lot that it’s possible. Part of me is really hoping we get this first bit of support soon, but it is what it is.

Is that 800K/17 minutes running sohm all?

Antonkell
    Antonkell
    Participant

this can be done with scripting.

Ive used a scenario from here to farm Haukke manor for the anima weapon stuff, and that was done with a custom grid and macros for combat. It was pure jank, but serviceable.

edit: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/request-dungeon-running-for-light-farm/
    here is the scenario i used, just have to make a combat macro for your class, and it was pretty much good to go, but it had to be babysat for timings and such.

Something along those lines could be applied here.

Shines
    Shines
    Participant

I’m typically abysmal with creating these sorts of things. I’m really hopeful to hear from someone else. Though, it sounds like without the bosses this might not be worth it.

snacks2b
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for this trust scenario. I’m still fairly new with miqo + community so I’m not sure if what’s been said is (still) true.
    So decided to test this Trust vs Sohm Al. Winner is Trust! (data below)

Machinist level 76 for both runs – exp gained for each section. Ran on April 11th, 2020

Sohm Al
    pre 1st boss 78088
    1st boss 69498
    pre 2nd boss 67617
    2nd boss 107632
    pre 3rd boss 49176
    3rd boss 247732
    Total: 619743
    Time: ~20mins

Trust Switch
    pre 1st boss 494282
    1st boss 420183
    pre 2nd boss 311646
    2nd boss 1060350
    pre 3rd boss 383571
    3rd boss 1480548
    Total: 4150580
    Time: ~30mins

If there are other Trust scenarios somewhere – please share link 🙂

Cheers

adderalxr
    Participant
    1+

repair()
    deliverGCGear()
    dungeon(Holminster)
    squadron(1)
    repeatChapter(20)

Since miqo team added Holm to trusts i just plugged that into scenario(someone made it for me here :D), you just need to be standing close to the gcgear guy and it runs like a champ!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.