Retainer Venture Bot Function

Forum Forums Discussion Retainer Venture Bot Function

This topic contains 32 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Frank0168
    Participant
    1+

Any plans for the Bot to be able to automatically resend all our retainers to its hourly ventures?

It sucks being at work and those 5 retainers are just sitting there not doing anything, maybe if the bot can, it would be nice if it could resend all 5 retainers back to venturing every hour.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

It already can. Take a look in the scenario index: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-scenarios/

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

i use that too, but ask myself if it is still state of the art or are there new functions in the miqo Scenario that quickens it up

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Correct me if I’m wrong, but so far it seems that retainers are not really for botters… Miner retainer brings some 5-15 pieces of ore / sand, which is digged to bot in about 1-1.5 min. Now take into account the fact that you have to return to city hourly, and actually resend retainers (whose interface is far from instant). Does it really worth it?

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

if you have to go to the City ist difficult i agree. i do it from my Mansion that is much better

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

by the way Gray how is your Project? Does it look promising?

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Hmm… so you’ve got a bot which sits in your house and crafts? Funny… I was assuming that bots are for grinding, hehe.

by the way Gray how is your Project? Does it look promising?

Well, not as promising as EVE Online, of course. Economics in FF14 are soooo dead… No buy orders, no ability to buy part of someone’s order, and the main problem – unbelievably low limit of 40 orders per char. Limits here, limits there – geez, I hate this stuff sooo much… Well I know you can buy ability to hire more retainers, but then again you can do it with credit card only AFAIK (as opposed to buying timecodes at third-party sites), which makes your accounts linked to eachother (via card number)… Basically, I can farm some 5-6 stacks of ore / herbs / lumber per hour, but there is just no way to sell it at any sane price – while, ideally, I should farm for 12 hours a day and sell everything farmed during the offiline time, so I have empty orders to sell tomorrow’s loot! Even with some 4-8 retainers it looks impossible to sell 60 stacks of something daily (unless its shards/crystals, which cost 120-150 gil each at best).

Well, maybe I’m just looking a wrong way, following pattern from other games which do not work here. Or maybe I’m just too low level (50+, all DoL/DoH included), so I haven’t reached REALLY demanded stuff yet. We will see… there is just not enough information to answer “promising” question yet.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

there are times when you can make a ton of gil, but you Need very well leveld and equiped Chars, than there are times. like Right now where you sell nearly Nothing.

When Shadowbringers come out there will be high time but i think you Need well equiped and leveld Chars

I made with my 3 Chars around 400 Million in 2 weeks after Stormblood launched, than it slows down to a hundred and goes up for 3-5 weeks after each patch

how the chinese do it with those crappy Chars … i have no idea ..

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong, but so far it seems that retainers are not really for botters… Miner retainer brings some 5-15 pieces of ore / sand, which is digged to bot in about 1-1.5 min.

Retainers can bring you back a decent chunk of unspoiled/legendaries, not as much as you could yourself when you get there with full GP, but it’s high enough.

When they reached their max stats through excellent gear set, they bring HQ, they bring more, and they bring stuff in less than an hour, like 40min.

Considering the fact that yourself is also limited by legendaries/unspoiled, one node per 74min, or one node per 32min, while not beating you in numbers, a retainer can participate to a large chunk of what you can get. And when you can send 9 of them picking up the same stuff, they beat you.

Hmm… so you’ve got a bot which sits in your house and crafts? Funny… I was assuming that bots are for grinding, hehe.

You’re too focused on raw materials, where you used to get more through them than through intermediate and final crafts, since gathering is fun, easy and fast, anyone will do it, on the other hand, crafting is fun, but long and complicated, it requires too much attention for a too long period of time, that’s where Miqobot comes in, and where a large part of the money is.

Well, maybe I’m just looking a wrong way, following pattern from other games which do not work here.

If you really want to get a chunk of the biggest part of the money, glamours, you need a deep knowledge of the game at any given time, read third party glamour magazines, understand what is trending, and what will become trending year in advance. I know it sounds funny, but it’s not.

Right now is the time where you can make the most of billions, right now is when everyone think it’s a dead time to make money, but it’s the total opposite.
    You need to spend millions now, to get from 2 to 20 times your investment back depending on the items.

For example, right now everyone is farming Kamuys through Primals Extreme, to get them all and unlock the quest to get the final united one.
    Because everyone is farming that, the markets are flooded with SB Primals Ex mats, they price drop really low, because past a point, people who wanted something from them (housing, bardings, etc.), got already what they wanted.
    But, when you know the game, you know what those mats will be used for in one year to 1.5 year from now (time depends on which Primal).
    SE will released crafted glamour weapons of SB Primals in ShB 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5. When this will happen, people gonna get crazy and will want them.
    Just like in the past, mats can be bought right now for 100k-200k, and will worth 2M in 1 to 1.5 years from now. And the craziest thing is that today, instead of being able to empty only one market, the one of your world, you can travel and empty all the DC worlds. But one must do this discretely, if you take too much, their price will jump. You gotta set a threshold and buy everything below.

Stuff like this one, there’s plenty of them, you can spend a couple of billions now, and get an immense return later. For minions and mounts, and most of SB rare glamour mats, you’ll have to sell them before the next Deep Dungeon in 5.3, because they’ll drop from there suddenly, because SE knows they became too rare (old content), and thus too expensive.
    Maybe there will be exceptions, like Absolute Virtue minion, this one might remain ultra rare (cause you need 54 trained and voice lead people in a content not meant to end up in DF), so the price of this one might even jump further after the 3rd Deep Dungeon, but that’s an expensive bet.

Right now is the time to buy all DoL/DoH materia, and sell them for 4 times their price in 2 month.

Right now is like we’ve been stuck in one country with its closed stock market, and since 4.57 we have now access to 5-12 new stock markets to play with freely, it’s crazy, because you can’t be punished for Insider Trading here, so all the deep knowledge of the game really worth billions.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

there are times when you can make a ton of gil, but you Need very well leveld and equiped Chars, than there are times.

This is the bad part, actually… As I’ve said before, one wants to eat every day, rather than “there are times”.

how the chinese do it with those crappy Chars … i have no idea ..

Much like in every other MMO with bots: they grind. Grind cheap stuff which does not require skills and gear, but they grind it 12 hours a day.

Crafting is for players, while bots are about grinding… well, unless I learn something new here about botting.

When they reached their max stats through excellent gear set, they bring HQ, they bring more, and they bring stuff in less than an hour, like 40min.

Which, once again, means you take your bot from farming every 40 mins, teleport, resend retainers, return and so on. Also, training retainers is HELL of time and wasted possibilities. I wonder how much (weeks? months?) should retainers work to cover time wasted to train them…

since gathering is fun, easy and fast, anyone will do it, on the other hand, crafting is fun, but long and complicated, it requires too much attention for a too long period of time

You are simply wrong here. Gathering – well, at least gathering of non-unspoiled simple stuff – is boring shit. I personally just can’t stand crap like this (and yes, I’m not quite a patient person), I prefer activities which require brain rather than hands. But even my GF (who is quite patient, but does not really like complicated stuff), whom I ask to train DoL skills for our account, grew tired of gathering already… and that’s just 5 weeks of playing.

If you really want to get a chunk of the biggest part of the money, glamours, you need a deep knowledge of the game at any given time, read third party glamour magazines, understand what is trending, and what will become trending year in advance. I know it sounds funny, but it’s not.

After looking at lvl70 chars equipped in raid-level blues, glamoured into beach bikini stuff (aye, I love male players playing female chars: they always try to go for as much nudity as possible 😉 ), I know it is NOT actually funny. But you are right, I lack the knowledge needed… for now.

But, when you know the game, you know what those mats will be used for in one year to 1.5 year from now (time depends on which Primal).

How do you know something about recipes/requirement from addon which is not out yet?… SE might as well not follow patterns from previous addons, you know.

Just like in the past, mats can be bought right now for 100k-200k, and will worth 2M in 1 to 1.5 years from now.

Or rather worth nothing, depending on if they will be used in the new addon, or not… So you might gain or lose from investments into these mats – you never know FOR SURE (unless, say, you’ve got insider’s knowledge from beta testing).

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

Long Story short:

neither Miqo nor FXIV is quite well fittet for botting in a commercialy usable sense.

correct me if i am wrong.

One Thing out of personal interest. How do you breach the 2 Client Thing. I just can start my ffxiv Client 2 times. 3rd threw VMware is difficult as it doesnt use Directx 11

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

How do you know something about recipes/requirement from addon which is not out yet?

Because since 9 years it never failed, and it is always the same.

SE is known for having patterns completely set in stone, from release dates to mats, it’s always the same. There’s so many of those patterns that never change, you know when the next Deep Dungeon will release, you know what old items will drop in it, you know when new sets for DoL/DoH will get released, so you know when the materias prices will sky rocket to the roof, you know when the DoL/DoH beast tribe will get released, so you know when the market will be flooded from the free materias and will crash, etc.

We could write pages of those, this is why in another post I wrote you the patch pattern, with their months, because it’s always the same, story, gear set, mog station items, crafted primal weapons, relic stages, echo nerfed dates, beast tribe, transition arc story primal, side quest primals, mats from exploration, etc. etc.

They are very scholar, and need patterns like these to work and deliver on time.
    My advise to you would be to read all changelogs of every single patch, then to read in parallel all data mining reports of all those patches, because official changelogs never give you some relevant infos of the items, and take notes, you’ll find all patterns and when you’ll acquire enough knowledge of the game and the people that play it, you’ll be able to exploit all of this market wise.

In this game, people like to win gils, but they are scared to spend all their gils to win more later, this, and all those patterns, make it a game where once you reached a billion, you can play the buy low/sell high on things limited in quantity by the game.
    Having now access to all Datacenters markets, make it something incredibly powerful.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

neither Miqo nor FXIV is quite well fittet for botting in a commercialy usable sense.

Either you are wrong, or it will be fitted for us some day, or Miqo team just continues to lose profits by not attracting professional botters.

One Thing out of personal interest. How do you breach the 2 Client Thing. I just can start my ffxiv Client 2 times.

Hrmpf… WHAT? Just googled it: there is no such limitation, it’s something related to your comp, probably.

Because since 9 years it never failed, and it is always the same.

Fun 🙂 Then I wonder why didn’t other player create guides like “what to hoard before the new patch” already!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

One Thing out of personal interest. How do you breach the 2 Client Thing. I just can start my ffxiv Client 2 times. 3rd threw VMware is difficult as it doesnt use Directx 11

Use process explorer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer
    Select a running game process and kill two mutants with ‘ffxiv_game’ in their name. Then you can launch another client.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Fun 🙂 Then I wonder why didn’t other player create guides like “what to hoard before the new patch” already!

I can’t tell if you’re serious, or if you failed to see all the reasons.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.