Progress update? ^.^

Forum Forums Discussion Progress update? ^.^

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Voidy-Kun 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Allicia
    Allicia
    Participant
    3+

I don’t want to put any pressure or anything, I totally understand that a war is going on and everything… ^^”

But I was wondering if we could have from the developer just a quick update, like if in their opinion they are closer of 10%, 50%, 70% of the work done ^.^

I’m not asking for a precise time or fix ETA, but I’m curious of the current progress (And I’m probably not alone!)

Thanks for your work and for taking time to answer if you can 🙂

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    6+

This was posted on Miqo discord a week ago.

Miqo discord update

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

joaknu
    Participant

So you cant use the bot at all now, or just for new content?

Asynchria
    Asynchria
    Participant
    1+

So you cant use the bot at all now, or just for new content?

it cannot be used at all for anything

Bwqaaaah
    Participant
    1+

As a Ukrainian, there was no power outages for about a week. So hopefully thats going to help speed things up. On another note, idk how much these guys are making from the bot, but surely they can afford a power station for their team members. As a remote worker myself I have one, I’d say it’s pretty essential to have if you want to live semi normally in this country.

TGJ
    Participant
    2+

While I’ve thought similar things myself, I would say that not everyone’s experience is going to be the same.

The devs have said historically that this is a passion project for them built out of love for the game. Considering its been down for a month without any subscribers, this certainly isn’t their only or core revenue stream or all eyes would be on this to stay afloat.

One thing they referenced in their post is struggling with depression, and I bet that is a much larger piece here considering what is happening to their country and their involvement in it rather than the actual state of having regular power. They could have hired an outside remote developer and paid them to assist with the bot development if this were the case, someone outside Ukraine and offset their cost with subscription money coming in, but my guess is the same drive they had pre-war vs. during is now different. Different priorities in their current state.

I would love for Miqo to be brought back up as soon as possible, I miss it and the convenience its brought me. But considering this has always been a passion project for the Miqo team, I don’t think anything will change unless the passion picks back up again, which I think we will see more of when the war ends.

…and just to be clear, this isn’t a slight against any of the team, just giving my perception as a longtime subscriber and long lurker here. We appreciate the product you’ve built and the work you’re doing, and look forward to seeing it come back up as soon as you’re able.

Allicia
    Allicia
    Participant
    1+

Thanks for the update with the screenshot of the Discord, I’m not on it and won’t be on it so I rely on the informations on the forum. Let’s hope that Miqo will be up again by the end of the month or early september ^^

jojo
    Participant
    1+

Appreciate sharing the Discord post.
    For the Devs, I just want to express my understanding and that I’m very sorry for the continued war. The mental health of the real people behind the bot is far more important than the bot itself. I hope that better days comes soon for Ukraine and all who have suffered innocently. When dealing with depression, even making an update is a big task, thank you for that as well.

Allicia
    Allicia
    Participant

Since I’m not on the discord, any more news from it? (I won’t join the Discord as it’s more exposure to who I am in game ^^”)

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    17+

Progress is at approximately 80%.

edgedy
    Participant

Soon(tm)

Voidy-Kun
    Participant

Shes alive again!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Progress update? ^.^’ is closed to new replies.