Future Prospects

Forum Forums Discussion Future Prospects

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Kahoun Kahoun 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

NotABotter
    Participant
    1+

Hello all. With the current situation still in Ukraine and the Miqo devs most likely battling for their lives, I wanted to open a thread for ideas to be spoken to help not only keep Miqo alive, but help it swim.

It was talked about previously in the combat section as a future development task, but the idea I would like to pitch is the implementation of custom rotations. It can be a dirty version where the user inputs the name of the skill as well as the respective hotkey.
    I believe this would help revive Miqo as well as allow for the program to continue to thrive with minimum maintenance required from the team.

I pitch this idea to not only help us as the users keep a beloved tool available and functional, but also a successful way for us to continue supporting the team.
    As the team has been quiet for some time (understandably), I would love to hear input from Ai as I know they have taken over helping manage the upkeep.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

You can contact Ai on discord or send an email to techsupport if you want to communicate with devs directly.
    But I dont think they can make promises under circumstances out of their control.

Kahoun
    Kahoun
    Participant
    2+

Sorry for the necro.

I’ll add onto this being a very good idea, but understand the limitations of the devs even implementing this in the first place. The system in a of itself would need a foundation of combat understandings as a first – This includes buffs, number of enemies, TTD (Time-To-Die, so it doesn’t waste long CDs on enemies approaching death anyway. Commonly used for mobs, turned off for bosses in which Miqo also needs to understand what is a common enemy, and what is not), dynamically adjust to the number of enemies (which she knows), and prolly some others that I forget right now.

A lot of it is feasible, but then there’s implementing how to approach this – Do you allow people access to the API or rotations made by the devs themselves (as a benchmark), allowing people to go into intricate detail via coding, or simply implement the rotation hard-coded, but with the option of changing values on different abilities, like HP thresholds for defensives, toggling optional abilities, the aforementioned TTD values, for healers would probably be something like ST/AoE HP thresholds, you name it.

Personally, I’m leaning more towards the first, being able to intricately create your own rotations. Although, I fear in doing so without proper moderation could lead to unwanted consequences.

I will myself advocate for this, but I wish and hope for the Devs safety, and understand the limited time/resources they have.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.