Any Routes ?

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Any Routes ?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Asynchria Asynchria 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mimikyu
    Participant

Hello,
    ißm looking for any Dawntrail routes for farming with Gatherer and Miner
    I hope anyone can help me…

Greetings

michasiak
    Participant

same, specially for things like Yak T’el Spring Water or Pearl Grass

KorisnickoIme
    Participant

Not to mention but grid links haven’t been updated in a GOOD while. High Durium Ore comes to mind. There’s a bunch of grids if you search but grid thread hasn’t been updated in years. Miqo, please update your grid links, it’s not that hard. 🙁

zebby
    Participant
    3+

You do realise that Miqobot doesn’t update grids, they provide the bot that you then create your own grids for and then kindly share with everyone else.

If a grid has not been updated, then a suggestion would be to get out there and create your own, or add an updated grid that you feel worthy of publishing.
    All the grids posted on this site have been created by the members that use the site, such as yourself, hence the name of the author published after the grid, all of the content posted and used on this excellent site is hand made by someone….a member, just likel yourself, using a little, or a lot of their time, effort and research to allow people to get the advantages the bot gives and that you are looking for.

You can sit there and complain, but you might be better served to get out there and create your own grids that others might also be able to then use and appreciate, just as you hoped to appreciate someone elses High Durium Ore grid that unfortunately has not been updated.

I myself know nothing about coding or computers other than the off and on button, but with the available guides and a little trial and error, you can work wonders on this bot and I am now fully happy making my own grids, creating scenarios and all sorts of stuff…..as well as using other peoples content too

Korisnickolme, please update the grid yourself…..it’s not that hard!

KorisnickoIme
    Participant

zebby, I understand that Miqo doesn’t do grids and doesn’t update them, that wasn’t the point of my post. There are working grids for High Durium Ore that are excellent, such as this one: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/high-durium-ore-grid/

However, that grid hasn’t been added to the grid index, which is maintained by Miqo and would be greatly appreciated if Miqo added such grid to the list, found here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-gathering-grids/

I was just giving an example of an existing grid that hasn’t been added to the list, I know that Miqo doesn’t do grid and I’m not expecting them to start now.

Asher
    Participant
    4+

Miqo: <in an active warzone with limited power and no access to any funds gained from the bot, just maintaining it out of the goodness of their heart>

Korisnickolme: UpDAte THe hYperLINks iT’s nOT HaRd

Has it occurred to you that they might have better things to do? You’ve demonstrated the ability to make text posts on this forum. Start collecting them yourself. Make a community-run archive.

No? Not appealing? Now imagine being badgered by an rando on the internet while missiles are striking buildings a few streets away from you. You’ve successfully identified a minor inconvenience with the forums. You are just as capable of making a hyperlinked table as the developer. Why don’t you start one? Who knows. Maybe community members will contribute.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

We’ll try our best to work on the new grid index as soon as we can.
    But unfortunately, yesterday was another massive air attack on our energy infrastructure, and we’re back to only 4 hours of electricity per day. So this might take a while. We sincerely apologize for inconvenience.

tkin
    Participant

I understand that most (all?) grids have been made by the community. Up to now, I’ve been mostly a “taker” and not a “provider.” All the grids I’ve tried making before have been pretty bad.

What are the best practices for making new grids? Specifically, things like efficiency while not looking too “bot-ish.”

I see some grids use a “beacon(?)” above a set of nodes, and then it spiders down into a circle of mount/foot lines around the area. Is that what most people do? Is there a better way? I wouldn’t mind making grids and providing them to the community, but I don’t want to provide hack-ish garbage either.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  tkin.
    Asynchria
    Asynchria
    Participant

I understand that most (all?) grids have been made by the community. Up to now, I’ve been mostly a “taker” and not a “provider.” All the grids I’ve tried making before have been pretty bad.

What are the best practices for making new grids? Specifically, things like efficiency while not looking too “bot-ish.”

I see some grids use a “beacon(?)” above a set of nodes, and then it spiders down into a circle of mount/foot lines around the area. Is that what most people do? Is there a better way? I wouldn’t mind making grids and providing them to the community, but I don’t want to provide hack-ish garbage either.

I’d just go with whatever’s most common imo. The beacon/start point thing does seem to be the most common atm, and assuming you find a good spot to put it then it shouldn’t look too bot-like. But it would be really weird to have it go to the beacon from one direction and then immediately turn around and have it go another direction, that’s the sure-fire sign of a bot. So do what you can to try to build redundancies into it so that it can go whichever direction it needs without doubling back on itself.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.