Steamdeck issue: Opaque Overlays

Forum Forums Discussion Steamdeck issue: Opaque Overlays

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Ariezwulf Ariezwulf 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ariezwulf
    Ariezwulf
    Participant

I have a little issue using Miqobot for FFXIV on the Steamdeck, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask about it, but I figured that if it can be resolved, that would be a great boon to the Steamdeck community.

The MiqoRadar overlay is opaque when I run Miqobot using SteamdeckTinkerLaunch.

To replicate this problem –
    1) I set miqobot_v1.3.50.exe as a fork of the main executable thread under Steamtinkerlaunch.
    2) u can set it as Injection or the default – it doesn’t matter – it would run, I am able to install catnip, but it either wouldn’t show or it would show the gathering nodes on an opaque black screen over the FFXIV screen. I have even tried using Proton 9.0 as a compatibility tool, but it either won’t show or I can’t switch screens or the MiqoRadar overlay is opaque and I cannot see my screen.

Would you be able to give me any suggestions on how to make the background clear for the overlay? Maybe there might be something I forgot to enable. Thanks in advance!

Ariezwulf
    Ariezwulf
    Participant

Issue resolved by turning on Developer mode. Lol.
    Anyway, u cannot switch to Miqobot from FFXIV without a physical mouse and keyboard. I tried mapping the trackpads as mouse controls but they won’t switch control from FFXIV to Miqobot config. U will see the screen, but ur mouseclicks will only affect ur FFXIV screen and not Miqobot itself.
    I am still gonna try to see if I can.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Ariezwulf Ariezwulf. Reason: Adding continuation of experimentation
    Ariezwulf
    Ariezwulf
    Participant

Just tested with a real keyboard and mouse. Failed. Miqobot is there, but does not respond to mouse nor keyboard controls. Somehow, both mouse and keyboard controls are not released by FFXIV for use by Miqobot when Miqobot is switched to main window. I am still troubleshooting and will post a solution if I find it. In the meantime, if anyone else has found a solution, kindly share what you did to allow Miqobot to work on a Steam Deck. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.