Save/Load solver alghoritms

Forum Forums Discussion Save/Load solver alghoritms

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

popo69
    Participant

Save/Load solver
    Can u add this function? Just for time save 🙂

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by  popo69.
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant

I don’t think this is possible. It calculates solver in real time, because things change and make other actions better. For instance, if condition becomes Excellent, it would be better to use Touch ability rather than something else. But this condition change can not be predicted, so it has to be calculated every step to see what is best action.
    Maybe I’m wrong though, only know what I have seen from it.

popo69
    Participant

Hmmm… I think that algorithm is calculaten once, on start crafting, then it is run and craft. Mby I’m wrong, but if not, then save function is posible…

popo69
    Participant

*calculated

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

The thing is, it is calculated for your current stats, if you change one thing, like the meal, the FC crafting buff, a materia, anything, your save will become unusable, the solver will have to calculate it again.
    That’s also the reason while you couldn’t share your saves with someone, no one has the exact same stats.
    I’m assuming you want saves because you’re using intensive CPU settings, this mean your saves will likely be very large, several GB per saves.

The current solver is very fast, with less than 30 sec of calculations for the hardest 4 stars lvl 60 craft, getting HQ pretty much all the time as long as you start with at least 1500 in quality, I don’t see a reason for a save/load system.

It’s fast and reliable, the current solver also keeps in memory your last calculations, so as long as you don’t close the bot or start another craft solver, you can redo the same craft, you can even do a similar craft with another class, as long as you have same stats for each of your classes, like a 4 stars CRP calculation is the same as 4 stars BSM one if they have the same quality/progression and if your classes have the exact same stats.

popo69
    Participant

Sure, but when I change item to craft, the alghoritm is calculated again, but my stats and quality no change, so, I can use it again without new calculate, so, I wanna save it…

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I mean, lvl 60 4 stars are 17.8 sec of calculation, the feature you are asking can take the dev lots of time and resources, just to save 20 sec here and there, I mean, it doesn’t really look it’s worth it when you know they have already so much to finish, the scenario feature for example is in development for almost a year now, we should all be careful of what we ask them, they have a (nice) tendency to accept lots of requests, but very fast those requests push back a lot the release of the core features, the ones that really matters and will make a huge difference, like the scenario engine, the combat solver.

popo69
    Participant

17 sec? How, when my calculates time is between 2,5 to 7 min on i7 proc… Here is time saving. But ofc scenario and combat is more important…

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

Yeah I understand if your calculations time are that long, but which settings are you using? With CP 1:1, Progress first checked, BB only 100% checked, PbP only 100% checked, on 4 stars lvl 60 I get 17,8 sec, and HQ every time by starting with 1500~ quality.

And I don’t think the fact I’m using an i7 Hexacore is making such a big difference, you must have checked some CPU intensive options, or didn’t checked the Progress first option (it decreases a lot the calculations, like going from 4min to 20sec, for just losing 3% HQ chance overall, huge time saving).

popo69
    Participant

Progres first reduce time to half, Manipulation and waste not – and time multiple to 4-7min…CP 2:1 to reduce…

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    1+

Hmmm…What another cross skills are you using except manipulation and waste not? Because there is possibility that you not only doubling your time by using them but also using yours cross skills ineffectively which may lead to losing quality.

popo69
    Participant

Additional skill: waste not, hasty touch,manipulation, rumination, trick of the trade, careful synthesis.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

So are you leveling? Because these all are 15 level skills. Set your CP to 8:1 and you’ll be golden.
    I never allowed Miqo to use manipulation or waste not, CP at 8:1, progress first enabled. Solving 60 stars in under 3 seconds and HQing 38 out of 40 scintillant Ingots even with all NQ mats. 1020 craftsmanship, 992 control, 480 CP with food.

popo69
    Participant
    1+

Yep, I took about low lvl craft to leveling, ty for ur patience and explanation.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Its cool mate i was also confused with all those optimizations at first. But then i tried them out a few times and saw no difference in HQing. Id say level up Carpenter to 50 asap because Byregots Blessing is an amazing HQ boost. You can cross skill BB for all other classes even if they are below 50. Then Weaver for CS2. With those two skills it will be much much easier.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.