SMN or MCH for Miqo?

Forum Forums Discussion SMN or MCH for Miqo?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dark051128
    Participant

I have never really played SMN.

i497 SMN does around 16.8k dps on a dummy, while i487 MCH does around 15.6k. The test is done over 6 mins, and only food is used.

I use shared gear from my BLM for SMN. Every piece of gear is i500 except for the weapon, and the weapon for SMN is the relic one.

Why is SMN doing low dps compared to MCH? I would expect SMN to do a lot more dps than MCH due to better gear and the nature of the job.

Stats are 2456 crit, 1770 det, 3076 direct, and 2400 ss.

Is this reasonable expectation from Miqo?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  dark051128.

dark051128
    Participant

Is the rotation not optimal?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, the combat performance of Miqobot is not optimal and never will be.
    At the moment we aim to reach 90% of optimal DPS, but the cost of every additional improvement after that grows exponentially. We will continue working on them if there is enough demand.

Please keep in mind, however, this is not the purpose of the Assist Mode.
    Miqobot can help you progress new encounters and show decent performance in highly repetitive content, but she will never be able to surpass a human player in the raiding environment.

uwu
    Participant

Ive done a 97-98 parse on normal mode fights with SMN, MCH, and BRD. All 3 will be high end dps amounts with very little user input

otherp
    Participant
    1+

To add +1 for Miqo – while the assist may not be “top dps”, it at least gives other audiences, like myself, an option of being a “viable contributor” to a raid. Frankly, without Miqo, I would never be able to experience raiding. It’s great!

dark051128
    Participant

I am assuming that falls under QOL updates under upcoming features? Miqo is really great when you just want to relax and not do any input imo.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Quality-of-Life updates will contain cosmetic and non-functional features, such as automatic pause for chat or the ability to sort and filter presets.

Combat rotations are not planned as a standalone feature.
    They will be gradually improving over time as we introduce new dungeons support and work on additional upgrades.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.