Miqo Deleted – Virus Detected?

Forum Forums Discussion Miqo Deleted – Virus Detected?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Random 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Avs
    Participant

I’ve been using Miqo for over almost a year now with no issues. I was running squadrons when it randomly exited the miqo app. I can’t find the app any longer on my desktop (so im guessing it was deleted or quarantined). I went to download another copy of it – thinking I just did something stupid, and it won’t download. Says the file contains a virus. … I switched browsers and got the same thing. I don’t have any third party antivirus apps running . Now I’m a bit lost how to troubleshoot from here. Any ideas how to figure this one out?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This issue usually indicates that your antivirus has downloaded an update which introduced a new false positive bug.
    If you don’t use third party antiviruses, then most likely this problem is caused by Windows Defender.

Even if you did not experience this problem before, it doesn’t mean that you never will. Antiviruses are updated often and each update has a chance to introduce a new false positive bug.
    We highly recommend to report this behavior to your antivirus vendor.

In order to download Miqobot, you will have to disable your antivirus and whitelist your Miqobot application after download.

Avs
    Participant

Thanks! I found a work around 🙂

whiteroomliving
    Participant

Is that why when I turned on Miqo today, I got an IDP.ALEXA.52 trojan threat blocked for miqoradar.exe? Do I just whitelist it?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Is that why when I turned on Miqo today, I got an IDP.ALEXA.52 trojan threat blocked for miqoradar.exe? Do I just whitelist it?

Provided you still want to use miqo, Yes. It wont be the last time your AV triggers with miqo, so keep that in mind.

3pgb
    Participant

Miqo technically is a trojan since it does access and modify data running in system memory, but that is its intended purpose so we have to whitelist/restore it every time it gets flagged/quarantined. Since Miqo is also not open source we have to trust the developers as well, but that’s a risk one should’ve assessed before deciding to run any software not just Miqo.

whiteroomliving
    Participant

I had assumed, but wanted to double check. Thanks!

Random
    Participant

I’m still unable to whitelist Miqo since once I downloaded it, Windows Defender just instantly removes it.
    I turned off Windows Defender, whitelisted it. Once I turn Windows Defender back on, it removes Miqo when I run it.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Random.

Avs
    Participant

I’m still unable to whitelist Miqo since once I downloaded it, Windows Defender just instantly removes it.
    I turned off Windows Defender, whitelisted it. Once I turn Windows Defender back on, it removes Miqo when I run it.

I was having a similar issue, here is how I went about fixing it.
    Open the windows security menu
    Click virus and threat protection
    Choose ‘Protection History’
    Find one of the miqobot ‘threats’ and click allow.

Then all i had to do was redownload miqo.

Hope this helps!

Random
    Participant

It works now. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.