How common are Miqobot users?

Forum Forums Discussion How common are Miqobot users?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Negafox 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lalaoverlord
    lalaoverlord
    Participant

Hello, […] player here!

I was wondering: with all the repetitive, mechanic tasks BEGGING to be automated that are in this game and just how easy and cheap it is to get Miqobot set up (which pops up immediately upon searching “ffxiv bot” on Google), I’m honestly surprised I don’t run into any botters while gathering, etc. This has been worrying me lately, as I’m afraid regular Miqobot users just get progressively banned and aren’t ever seen again.

Is Miqobot not that widely known? If so, why? Are there ways to make grids less obvious to the human eye?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Miqobot Miqobot. Reason: Please don't name your server
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    2+

I can easily spot a few players on my server that use it. It isnt that rampant tho, but the ones that do use it seem to use it indiscriminately Lol But I suppose they’re monitoring the bot because I’ve not seen a single one of them get (perma) banned.

Oh and you probably shouldnt disclose your server, you never know who might be watching.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by LutBot LutBot.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

It is really hard to spot the old miqo users, there are many of them yet rarely do you hear anything of them.

Common practices are to create your own grids, scenarios are also the “new thing” which makes it even tougher to spot a Pro botter, one thing to note is those that get permanently banned, they are not uncommon as they sell ffxiv currency for real money with their main accounts.

As for how many botters are there, too many.

Antonkell
    Antonkell
    Participant

i have been using it non stop for about 7 8 months now. As long as you don’t do stupid things in populated areas your good. Craft in your apartment/house, make your own grids (its really easy) for farming, and dont leave MGP farming unattended. have been my rules and i haven’t even gotten a warning.

Biggest thing to be careful about is friends/FC mates that see you on alot and not talking, but common sense prevails for safety.

lalaoverlord
    lalaoverlord
    Participant

Oh, I see, didn’t think mentioning my server would matter since I’m using a random alias :/

Ty for the tips!

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

You said your server name, your random alias is maybe not as random as it looks, as it can tell you’re a Lalafell, and you avatar might tell you like riding the Korpokkur Colossus mount, and/or hang around with the Korpokkur Kid minion…

When Miqobot is down for an update because of a new patch, you can see in forum stats “Members active within the past 24 hours” around a thousand of Miqobot forum users (out of 7000) lurking the forum for any news, and not all Miqobot users bothered creating a forum account (to protect themselves), so I think that shows pretty well how common are Miqobot users 😉

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

The highest members count ive seen was around 250. And thats only on patch days when many players return to consume new content. Also without a forum account you can not download grids and scenarios. So im pretty sure the number you see on the front page is the total Miqobot users in the whole world. Basically 3-4 per server on average.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

You must not have look often enough then. And I have reasons to think many skipped creating a forum account, when it comes to the protection of their account and identity, lots are very cautious, for good reasons.

Negafox
    Participant
    1+

As far as I can tell, there’s a significant number of botters on the world I’m at. Right now I see 11 other users following the same route I am running the Aethersand 80 Scenario. I tend to encounter a lot of botters when gathering. When you see lots of stacks of 99 on the marketboard, probably botters.

Are they all using Miqobot? No. There’s a few bots out there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.