Letter from the Producer LIII – Relevant changes

Forum Forums Discussion Letter from the Producer LIII – Relevant changes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Here are relevant changes announced in today’s PLL LIII regarding Miqobot:

————

Q: Will we be able to bring Trusts into MSQ dungeons from 5.1 and onwards? I love the Crystal Exarch and want to fight alongside him again. Can we also get new NPCs like Estinien and Hien?

Many people worldwide have been asking for this, and Crystal Exarch is really popular… Dev team has been discussing 5.0 feedback but adding new Trusts is hefty on dev costs. They’re thinking about letting you do the 8-man trials with Trusts, or maybe redoing the ARR dungeons so that you can do them with the GC leaders. If they do add these, it’ll have to be gradually over time, because it takes high level game designers to implement these things.

As for the new MSQ dungeon in 5.1, it will support Trusts. (But that doesn’t mean you can bring the Crystal Exarch)
    If there are more MSQ dungeons in the 5.x series, they will also support Trusts. But there isn’t necessarily a MSQ dungeon in every patch. When doing dungeons as part of MSQ, you won’t have to worry about having high level enough Trusts

————

Q: Are there plans to nerf Eureka so that you can get the final relic weapon in a light party or solo?

A: We’re discussing it right now and we’re going to do something about it. We haven’t decided yet, but possibly some new actions or buffs that will let you play solo

————

Q: It feels like desynthesis is very expensive to level for not enough return on investment. Are there any adjustments planned?

A: There’ll be many changes to gatherers and crafters in 5.1. For desynth, the success rate will be 100%, the see-sawing when leveling multiple classes will be removed, and in general we want you to use desynth on your extra items more. Right now it’s in a weird situation because it’s difficult to level and doesn’t give much reward, so we’re going to address that. Please wait for more details

————

Q: WVR seems to require more materials for intermediate crafts than the other classes. Could you reduce the number of threads required to make cloth, or add a recipe to create cloth directly?

A: We’re currently adjusting unbalanced recipes, so please wait for that

————

Q: It’s a struggle when mobs spawn close to gathering points, especially Sweet Marjoram in the Raktika Greatwood. Could you make adjustments?

A: Stealth will be adjusted in the 5.1/5.2 changes. Also, we’re thinking of making it so that gatherers won’t be detected by monsters when riding a mount. There are a lot of changes planned for 5.1/5.2, so we’ll be going over them in more detail at a later date

————

Q: Are there plans to add crafted primal weapons for GNB/DNC?

A: Sorry, we’re putting so many resources into new patches that we don’t have any left to make those… The character team might start working on it in their free time between patches after watching this stream, so I can’t say they’ll never come, but only that it’s possible

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

or desynth, the success rate will be 100%, the see-sawing when leveling multiple classes will be removed, and in general we want you to use desynth on your extra items more.

It will still take months of raiding / looting / desynth to compensate price of materials spent leveling desynth up to 450. Well, unless “success rate will be 100%” will apply to desynth of ilvl450 item with skill 1 (in which case nobody would have to ever level up desynth at all, and desynth level will become completely meaningless, though this won’t happen). So I guess desynth will stay as it is: useless for botters, barely useful for legit players.

Also, we’re thinking of making it so that gatherers won’t be detected by monsters when riding a mount.

Won’t help anyway. I mean, won’t help us botters. As long as there is at least a little chance that mobs detect our toons while just they are just dismounted but not yet stealthed, we will still move dismount/stealth point miles away to make sure our toons won’t wake us up in the middle of night with login screen cutscene sound (because char have died and disconnected due to afk). There is just a single thing which will help with aggro mobs, and it’s not some fleeing AI… it’s system which will restart scenario after char’s death depending on current time.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Im personally disgusted how they’re handling desynth. They’ve ignored the “feature” for almost 3 years and now they’re just gonna retcon the whole thing. Cant really say Im surprised, they sure love their nerfs.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

There also will be in 5.1 something a lot of us were waiting for, a setting that’ll make a sound whenever someone directs an emote at you:

Setting to trigger a sound for emotes direct at you

Arc
    Arc
    1+

As for the new MSQ dungeon in 5.1, it will support Trusts.

OMG. So eventually Miqobot will be able to farm weekly capped tomes with Trusts?? That’s the best thing to ever happen EVER! I hate running duty roulettes to cap my tomes and Eureka was the best thing in SB, since I could afk there with ACT to remind me, when to move my character and cap my tomes with an net investment of maybe 15 minutes. This however is beyond any level of laziness-aid like Eureka did.

A: There’ll be many changes to gatherers and crafters in 5.1. For desynth, the success rate will be 100%, the see-sawing when leveling multiple classes will be removed, and in general we want you to use desynth on your extra items more. Right now it’s in a weird situation because it’s difficult to level and doesn’t give much reward, so we’re going to address that. Please wait for more details

I’m not sure about this. If desynth is always 100%, why should you level it in the first place then? The only thing I could think of, would be that you need to level desynth to a certain level to desynth certain items in the first place, which wouldn’t solve the issue of leveling desynth being super grindy. On the other hand, that would give us Miqobotters an amazing opportunity, since we can now “reliably” make a desynth leveling scenario and with the see-sawing removed we can always desynth everything we don’t need without having to worry about jinxing our desynth levels.

Won’t help anyway. I mean, won’t help us botters. As long as there is at least a little chance that mobs detect our toons while just they are just dismounted but not yet stealthed, we will still move dismount/stealth point miles away to make sure our toons won’t wake us up in the middle of night with login screen cutscene sound (because char have died and disconnected due to afk).

Or simply never unstealth at all. If you can stealth while mounted, the movement penalty won’t be a problem and mobs will never attack you, since you’re perma-stealthed.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Or simply never unstealth at all. If you can stealth while mounted, the movement penalty won’t be a problem and mobs will never attack you, since you’re perma-stealthed.

Who knows… maybe it won’t be as easy as that. I mean, there might be still some kind of penalty, because otherwise it just sounds too easy and obvious.

Arc
    Arc

Well, from what I understood during the livestream and how Yoshida explained it, people are still complaining, that crafting and gathering are too hard (from an entry point perspective), so they want to simplify things and make it, so a crafter never has to worry about hostile mobs (unless he is trying to gather in a zone, that’s out of his level range i.e. Stealth doesn’t work against mobs because they’re too high level).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.